|“Baked” Sweet Potatoes|
Often I use my Instant just because it is convenient, not because it is faster. I can throw these in and leave the house. When I return home hours later worn out and packing a hungry grandchild, lunch is ready and warm.
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup water
- Tad of extra virgin olive oil
- Each large sweet potato is about 165 calories (without toppings)
- Scrub potatoes, coat very lightly with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil. Pour ½ cup of water in pot, add provided trivet, set potatoes on top. Add lid, press steam button and set time to 75 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Remove foil, cut slit in top of sweet potatoe and enjoy. If you like a topping, add a little of one or two of your healthier favorites: walnuts, ground flax seeds, Greek yogurt, low fat cream cheese, etc. If a child is eating, 3-4 miniature marshmallows on a warm sweet potatoe go over big.
- BTW: Since they have aluminum foil, they store well on a plate in the refrigerator to serve in later meals.