This Instant Pot Doughnut recipe makes 12 doughnuts
- Duo Crisp + Air Fryer
- 2 1/4 Cup Plain Flour + 1/4 Cup
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Instant Yeast
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Make a Soft Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients 2 1/4 Cup Plain flour, Sugar, Salt. Stir to combine. Add the Yeast and mix.
- In a separate jug, combine all the wet ingredients - egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing them gently with a spatula until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 5-6 minutes to make soft dough. Add a little more flour at a time while kneading until you achieve a soft dough.
- Proof the Dough in Instant Pot
- Oil the inner pot of the instant pot and transfer this prepared dough. Secure the lid.
- Select the Sous Vide Button and adjust the temperature and time by pressing +/- to 33C & 30 minutes. Press start.
- After 30 minutes, the dough doubles in size.
- Shape the Doughnuts
- Deflate the dough by punching down lightly. Transfer the dough to the parchment paper dusted with flour.
- Roll it to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut rounds using Cookie Cutter 3 1/2 inch and the smaller one to make a hole. Gather the scraps and re roll them to cut more doughnuts.
- Transfer the doughnuts to a parchment paper and cover them with kitchen towel. Allow them to rise for at least 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Air fry the Doughnuts
- Place the inner stainless steel pot into the Instant Pot cooker base.
- Insert the air fryer basket with basket base and gently brush with oil.
- Place the Air fryer Lid on the cooker base. Select the AIRFRY programme. Adjust the +/- keys to adjust the Time and Temperature to 180 C and 3 minutes to preheat. Press Start.
- After 3 minutes, Gently brush the doughnuts with melted butter (optional ) and place 4 Doughnuts into the air fryer basket.
- Set the Temperature and Time to 180 C & 8 minutes and press Start. At 4 minutes, flip the doughnuts around.
- Repeat the process with remaining doughnuts.
- Chocolate Glaze
- In a medium bowl, sift the Icing Sugar & Cocoa Powder. Add vanilla extract and 2 Tbsp Milk. Mix well until well combined. If you find the glaze too thick, add a little more milk and mix again.
- Glaze the Doughnuts
- Arrange the wire rack on a baking tin lined with parchment paper. Dip the doughnut into a glaze and transfer to wire rack. Repeat the process for the remaining doughnuts.