Italian-Style Braised Pork Chops
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp stemmed thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp grated fresh nutmeg or 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 4 cups frozen bell pepper strips 16‑ounce bag
- 4 frozen center-cut boneless pork loin chops 6‑ 8‑ounce each
- Stir the broth, vinegar, thyme, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, and salt in an Instant Pot. Mix in the frozen pepper strips, then set the pork chops in the pot so they stand up on their sides and lean against each other and the side of the insert with room between each for liquid and pepper strips (in other words, not in a stack). Lock the lid onto the pot.
- Option 1 Max Pressure Cooker
- Press Pressure cook on Max pressure for 16 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off.
- Optional 2 All Pressure Cookers
- Press Meat/Stew, Pressure Cook or Manual on High pressure for 20 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off. The vent must be closed.
- Use the quick-release method to bring the pot’s pressure back to normal. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Transfer the pork chops to serving plates and spoon some of the sauce and peppers over each .