Leek, Pea and Halloumi Quinotto
A quinotto is simply a risotto-style dish but made using quinoa instead of Arborio or risotto rice. This refreshing and spring like combination of leeks, peas and herbs with slices of salty halloumi cheese is ideal for a quick lunch.
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large leek sliced and washed
- 170 g quinoa
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 250 ml water
- 180 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp each chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley plus extra to serve
- 1 x 225g pack halloumi cheese sliced or cut into triangles (as shown) and pan fried in a little oil until brown on both sides
- Put the butter or spread into the Instant Pot and heat on SAUTÉ.
- Add the leek and sauté until the edges start to brown a little.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable bouillon powder, and water, and give everything a good stir.
- Set to PRESSURE for 2 minutes.
- NPR at the end of cooking, then stir in the peas and herbs until the peas have defrosted.
- Scatter the extra flat-leaf parsley and mint over the top and add the pan-fried halloumi slices to serve.
Modern Vegetarian Instant Pot® Cookbook by Jenny Tschiesche, published by Ryland Peters & Small. Photography by Clare Winfield © Ryland Peters & Small