Spiced Red Wine–Poached Pears
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 4 pears
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 120 ml Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 50 g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Rinse and peel the pears leaving the stem. Using a corer or melon baller, remove the cores from underneath without going through the top so you can maintain the stem. Brush the pears inside and out with the lemon juice.
- Combine the wine, orange juice, orange zest, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves, and ginger in Instant Pot®. Press the Sauté button and then hit the Adjust button to change the temperature to More. Bring to a slow boil in about 3–5 minutes; stir to blend and dissolve the sugar. Carefully place the pears in liquid. Press Adjust button to change temperature to Less and simmer unlidded for 5 additional minutes. Lock lid.
- Press Manual button and adjust time to 3 minutes. Use the Pressure button to set the pressure to Low.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to a serving platter. Garnish with mint sprig.